Maintaining Your Wiper Blades
Wiper blades are a very important part of any vehicle. It is crucial that your wiper blades are always in the best possible condition to ensure that visibility when you are driving is as good as possible. This makes wiper blade maintenance essentail as blades that are deteriorating or in poor condition will mean that anything on the windshield of your vehicle will not be wiped away and will reduce the visibility.
Maintaining the wiper blades on a regular basis will ensure that your windshield is always kept clear to allow the best possible view for you when driving. But failure to perform regular wiper blade maintenance could mean that the view out of your windshield is obstructed. This is because wiper blades in poor condition are likely to leave further marks on your windshield and further restrict the view you have.
It is equally important that motorists are aware of some of the signs that indicate that the wiper blades on their vehicles are in poor condition. This is why¬†FMP Motor Factors¬†have come up with a guide on wiper blade maintenance that explains some of the signs that indicate when your wiper blades need to be replaced and some tips on how your wiper blades can be maintained properly.
Wiper Blades Maintenance
Motorists should always try to ensure that the wiper blades are kept in the best possible condition. This makes wiper blade maintenance important as without it, the condition of your wiper blades will deteriorate and will require you to replace them a lot sooner. In order to ensure that your wiper blades are maintained properly,¬†FMP Motor Factors¬†have provided some wiper blade maintenance tips:-
- Key to wiper blade maintenance is the regular inspection of your wiper blades. Motorists should ensure that they are regularly checking their wiper blades for any dirt or other objects that may have gotten into the blade. Regularly inspecting the wiper blades will limit the chances of being put in a dangerous situation and keep your windshield clear.
- In icy conditions, you should ensure that all ice has melted from the windshield before using your wipers. This is because if your wiper blades come into contact with ice, the blade could become damaged and reduce its ability to wipe the windscreen effectively. So drivers should ensure that¬†an effective¬†de-icer¬†is used and drivers leave enough time to fully defrost their windscreen before using their wiper blades.
Wiper Blade Replacement Signs
As soon as you notice any sign of your wiper blades may be in poor condition, it is important that you replace them as soon as possible. Failure to do so will mean that your wiper blades will be no longer effectively able to wipe the windscreen and remove anything that is obstructing your view. Some people may not be aware of some of the signs that the condition of their wiper blades are worsening, so¬†FMP Motor Factors¬†have provided you with some signs that your wiper blades need replacing:-
- Streaking –¬†if you notice that narrow streaks are being left on your windshield after using your wiper blades, it could be a sign that they need replacing. Streaking could be a sign that the blade is worn or it could just be that the edge of the blade needs to be cleaned. To make sure, clean the edge of the blade and if the streaking still persists, then it means that your wiper blades need to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Jumping –¬†when you use your wiper blades and it starts to jump and make a lot of noise, this could also be a sign that they need to be replaced. If you notice that your wiper blades are vibrating a lot when they are used, make sure that your windshield is clean and the angle of the wiper blades is correct. If the problems are still present after doing this, you will need to replace your wiper blades.
- Unwiped Spots –¬†the final sign that could indicate that a wiper blade replacement is needed is if your wiper blades are leaving some unwiped spots after they are used. If when you are using your wiper blades and you notice that some parts of the windshield is not being cleared, it is a tell tale sign that the rubber on the wiper blades has been deformed and they need to be replaced as soon as possible.
FMP Motor Factors
FMP Motor Factors¬†provide high quality¬†car parts¬†and¬†accessories, such as wiper blades, as well as general motoring advice to our customers¬†across all of South Wales including Neath¬†and Port Talbot. At FMP Motor Factors we work with a wide network of garages and car dealers as well as individual car owners to provide the best car parts, as well as offering advice on a wide range of motoring issues.
For our latest offers visit¬†www.fmpmotorfactors.com/special-offers¬†or call us on:
get in touch for advice & to order your car parts
Open Mon-Fri, 8.00am - 5.30pm and Sat 8am - 1.30pm
FMP Motor Factors, Unit 1, St John's Court, Upper Fforest Way,
Swansea Enterprise Park SA6 8QQ
Open Mon-Fri, 8.00am - 5.30pm and Sat 8am - 12.30pm
FMP Motor Factors, Unit 30, Baglan Industrial Park,
Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ