Essential Car Tools that Every Car should Have
No matter what kind of driver you are or how experienced you are in dealing with issues on your vehicle, every driver has had experience in using some sort of¬†car tools. There are a wide range of car tools, each of which can be useful in certain situations. But there are some car tools that are essential and every car should contain them at all times. Different people think that different car tools are important and argue about what are the essential car tools that every car should have. But which tools are the most important?
Most motorists are able to repair the most basic of issues at the side of the road. But to do this you will need certain tools within your car. It is no use knowing how to repair a certain problem if you don’t have the tools available to you to allow you to fix it. This makes always having a set of tools handy in your vehicle vitally important as it will allow you to repair basic mechanical issues yourself and prevent you from having to call out a recovery service.
But what are the essential car tools that every car should have. As we have previously stated, each of the many different tools have their advantages and uses. But¬†FMP Motor Factors¬†have provided a guide to inform you of the absolute essential car tools that every car will definitely need if the need ever arises.
Essential Car Tools That Every Car Should Have
There are certain¬†car tools¬†that are essential for every car if you want to be prepared for most situations. There are obviously going to be some situations where some car tools are not going to be of use to you, but by equipping your vehicle with the essential car tools you will be prepared and ready to carry out some basic repairs. FMP Motor Factors have provided a list of the most essential car tools that every car should have:-
- Hydraulic jack –¬†this tool is essential as this allows you to view the underside of your car or to allow you to change a flat tyre or puncture. Without this there is no way you will be able to lift the car off of the ground to carry out any basic repairs, making this tool essential. You should ensure that you invest in a quality hydraulic jack however, as you will want to be able to easily lift the car off the ground, especially if you have a larger or heavier vehicle.
- Puncture repair kit –¬†this is an essential tool to always have in your car as you never know when you may get a puncture. Due to the many hazards that are on today’s roads, the chances of a puncture are quite high. This makes a puncture repair an essential tool to have available as it will allow you to simply repair the puncture and allow you to get on your way. It will also save you the arduous task of having to change a punctured tyre.
- Tyre wrench –¬†this is a very essential to always have available as this will allow you to loosen bolts on the tyres if you ever need to remove them. Bolts on the tyres are very tight, so a normal wrench will not be sufficient enough to loosen them. Only the use of a tyre wrench will be enough to loosen the bolts enough to allow you to remove a tyre. This is very important as there is always a chance of a tyre becoming flat as you are driving and you need to fit the spare tyre on to meet the rules and regulations of the road.
- Oil and other engine fluids –¬†now this is not really a tool but it is vitally important that you always have oil and other fluids such as transmission fluids. If you are driving, especially on a long journey, there is always a chance of your oil becoming low. This makes it very important to have access to more oil as it will allow you to refill your oil levels and allow your engine to run smoothly.
- Jump leads –¬†this is another essential car tool to always have in your car. There is a chance that your car may not start on your travels due to a lack of energy in your engine. So if you have a set of jump leads in your car, it will allow you that extra charge of energy that will allow your engine to start and to get you on your way. Without a set of jump leads available, you will need to call out a recovery service which could take a long time.
- Flashlight –¬†this is one of the most important tools that you should always have in your car. If you ever encounter an issue when it is dark, then you will need a flashlight in order to see what the issue is. Without a flashlight, you will not be able to see firstly what the issue is, and then you won’t be able to see enough to make the necessary repairs to the issue.
- Reflective triangle –¬†the final essential tool that you will always need in your car is a reflective triangle. This is so important for yours and other people’s safety as if you are ever broken down on the side of the road, this tool will allow other motorists to see you. Without this tool available, there is more of a chance that other motorists will not see you parked on the side of a road, especially at night.
Other Possible Car Tools That Could Be Useful
There are also a number of car tools that although are not essential, could be very useful in certain situations. Certain car tools will sometimes never come into use but there is always a chance of a situation occurring where these tools would come in very handy to repair the situation. FMP Motor Factors have also provided a list of other possible car tools that could be useful at some point:-
- ¬†Headlight bulbs –¬†this could be a very useful tool to have in your car. If one of your headlights ever go out, then having a spare bulb to replace it with would be very useful. A lot of people would be unsure on how to replace a¬†headlight bulb, which is why it is not classed as an essential car tool, but if you do know how to replace a bulb in your headlight then having spare headlight bulbs would be very useful.
- Electrical tape –¬†this could also be be a useful to have in your car, but only if you are experienced enough in dealing with electrics to use it safely.¬†Electrical tape¬†can be used to repair electrical issues such as electric transferring from one wire to another and affecting your starting motor. This is not essential as a lot of people are not sure of how to use electrical wire, but if you have had enough experience in using this tool then it can be a very useful tool to have available.
FMP Motor Factors¬†provide high quality car parts and tools¬†across all of South Wales including Swansea¬†and Bridgend. At FMP Motor Factors we work with a wide network of garages and car dealers as well as individual car owners to provide the best quality car parts¬†that will keep you prepared for every situation when you are driving and will never leave you stranded on the side of the road.
For our latest offers visit¬†www.fmpmotorfactors.com/special-offers¬†or call one of the branches on the numbers below:
get in touch for advice & to order your car parts
Open Mon-Fri, 8.00am - 5.30pm and Sat 8am - 1.30pm
FMP Motor Factors, Unit 1, St John's Court, Upper Fforest Way,
Swansea Enterprise Park SA6 8QQ
Open Mon-Fri, 8.00am - 5.30pm and Sat 8am - 12.30pm
FMP Motor Factors, Unit 30, Baglan Industrial Park,
Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ