Charging and Starting Systems
Upon completion of this training module the delegate would gain the knowledge required to diagnose faults and issues with these two systems.
With the use of serial diagnostics, oscilloscopes in conjunction with amp clamps, the technician would be able to come to an informed diagnosis more rapidly.
- Stop start systems using up rated starter motor
- Stop start systems using alternator as engine starter
- Smart charging systems
- Electrical energy management systems diagnostics
- Serial interrogation of system
- Oscilloscope used for measuring current
- Procedures for recoding car batteries on replacement
- Procedures for recoding alternators on replacement
- Health and safety
- High-voltage on some stop start systems.
Get in touch for course dates & booking info
Open Mon-Fri, 8.00am - 5.30pm and Sat 8am - 1.30pm
FMP Motor Factors, Unit 1, St John's Court, Upper Fforest Way,
Swansea Enterprise Park SA6 8QQ
Open Mon-Fri, 8.00am - 5.30pm and Sat 8am - 12.30pm
FMP Motor Factors, Unit 30, Baglan Industrial Park,
Port Talbot, SA12 7DJ